Thursday, September 16, 2010

You're pretty sure that you're wrong.

Yesterday we shot a bunch of outdoor shit. This involved going slightly off-site to a woodsy part of the property that was like a long trail that led to someone else's property. Chris prepared a bag lunch of sandwiches, jalapeƱo poppers, and waffle fries. It was weird. We then shot a bunch of golf cart stuff in this woodsy area.

At one point, a woman drove down the trail, rolled down her window, and said, "What's up?" I was about to answer her, but I wasn't sure if there was something specific Brett would have me say, so I deferred to him. Brett was very short with the woman, informing her we were shooting a movie. She informed us this was private property. Brett said that's right, and it's part of the Waterhole Cove property. She said it's not. He said, "I'm pretty sure that it is." She responded, "You're pretty sure that you're wrong." It was like a debate with Jesse "The Body" Ventura. Brett told her we were only gonna be a few more minutes. I threw in an, "Is that okay?" and she was all whatever. But she was not pleased. As she drove by Mike, who was a little further down the road, she said, "You're really really tresspassing." Later, Anne informed us that it is Waterhole Cove property, and that lady was fucked in the head (my words, not hers). Brett also marveled at the fact that she was driving a Lexus Hybrid.

The next day, Anne would speak to the owner and discover there had been a misunderstanding. The Waterhole Cove property only covers part of that trail, and I think we were technically on their land when we were shooting. But the guy was really cool and said we could shoot there if we wanted.

Another thing that happened is that Brett recast the role of John, which shoots today. Brett had cast himself a while ago, but on the eve of the John scenes, decided he ultimately didn't want to do it, so he asked Mike Diaz if he wanted to do it. Mike Diaz is our sound guy. He is a tall, handsome, super cool man. On those scenes, Chris will do sound. Chris might have the most credits in this film. Brett also asked me if I wanted to play a dinner guest in the dinner scene, or possibly another character who appears later in the movie. I chose dinner guest, because I would get to write a brief exchange to have with Dolly. I love the opportunity to contribute to the movie in this way. You don't care.

Brett has been talking about Bugsy a lot on set. He recently rewatched it and will not stop describing scenes and repeating quotes from it. This perturbs me because I haven't seen it yet. I don't like to hear people describing a movie that I want to see. Whether the descriptions are "major plot spoilers" or not doesn't matter to me. I know it came out in 1991, but I don't like to impose statutes. I'm HAPPY that he likes this movie so much. It gives me PLEASURE to see how much joy it brings him. But I hope he stops talking about it soon!

At the end of the night, we went to Target and got some necessary things, including Robert Altman's Popeye, and seasons 1 & 2 of ALF. There were tiny bugs in the car from when we were in the woods earlier, so we had to drive really fast with the windows down to create a vacuum that would blow all the bugs out. After Target, we drove all over creation, stopping at gas stations this way and that to ask where we could buy some fucking beer. It's like dry as a bone out here. Finally, we found a liquor store, and they were fully loaded. When we got home, we watched some ALFs, including one that reunited the cast of Gilligan's Island (in an extended ALF dream sequence) 20 years after that show's demise. Halfway through, Brett received a video chat from McNeil-Jones.

Then I went to sleep. The allergies are really taking a toll. I don't know how much longer I can go on. I can feel the bloodlust returning. The moon will be full on the 23rd. By then, I won't be able to stop it.

-Diego

No comments:

Post a Comment