Saturday, September 11, 2010

Forever Knight or inching "towards" my final scene

Working all night brings out the weirdest in people. People get loopy, that's just a fact. I like seeing people I know in this confused and vulnerable state, just trying to keep it together a little longer. Sometimes you have to see people pushed beyond their threshold of discomfort to catch a glimpse of who they really are, naked and simple. The jokes get goofy and the silences become long and piercing. It's nice to develop a closeness with people that isn't based on words and I think a shared trauma, albeit a minor one which causes no real lasting psychological damage, is the surest way of doing this.

I'm shooting my last scene tonight. I'm sad. Playing Harry has been a lot of fun. This is probably the first role I've ever played that I wish I could play just a little longer. I'll still be around for the rest of the shooting to help in any way possible, but it's going to feel strange.

It feels like I've always been here and will continue to be for the rest of my life. Do you know that feeling? Voicemail messages and emails seem fake. The people in my life who aren't here feel like they're calling to me from another world, like they are ghosts, but I guess I'm the one who has disappeared.

Eating in front of a camera sucks. If you are able to avoid it then do so.

There are a lot of UCF people working on this bad boy, hence the blog title.






No comments:

Post a Comment