Sunday, September 12, 2010

How do you make cumming subtle?

So it was late afternoon on the final day of our first night stretch when Chris knocked on my door and said, "Brett wants you in the other house." I thought for sure I was busted. Brett had found me out. Soon everyone would know. But it turns out he just wanted to make a totally new schedule for the day. So we did that. As we did, Priscilla was trying to think of something to do before the shooting started. But there was nothing that she really felt like doing. She didn't want to sleep, or even chill out. Eventually, she settled on eating an Oreo.

I chased Phoebe around the yard for a while (she liked it, obviously; I wasn't doing like a "most dangerous game" thing). Then we shot scene 121. You know what scene 121 is. It's the one that's kinda sexy, kinda fucked up, kinda sad. As part of this scene, Marco was forced to record the TV playing a movie for like 20 minutes.

Lunch was really nice. I was able to supplement my PB&J with a pizza that Brett made, but mangled horribly when removing it from the oven. Then everyone got together and dished about mutual acquaintances from film school. Weird pizza may have been the entrée, but disturbing gossip was our dessert. Then we reshot one of the setups from scene 119 that had been slightly out of focus the day before. When this was done, actor Chris Shields was officially wrapped. He will never play the role of Harry Walden again, until the ADR in a few months. And possibly "Harry's House," an upsetting spinoff short for the DVD that may be used as a series pilot for HBO or USA.

At this point, I'd like to express my satisfaction with the product Zyrtec. Where Benadryl would only fight my allergies for a few hours, while making me mildly drowsy, and also sometimes just wouldn't help at all, Zyrtec gives me 24-hour allergy protection with no sedatives contributing to the pre-existing drowsiness of working on a vampire-scheduled film shoot.

Because we were shooting all night, we weren't really able to have a 9/11 party. One of the things I like about Brett is that he has celebrations on days that would otherwise be occasions to feel depressed. The day Patrick Swayze died, he invited people over to watch Point Break on Blu-ray. That was in fact the sole reason he had bought the movie in the first place. It was really fun. Anyway, when the shoot was over, I ran back to Harry's house in the rain (it just started raining yesterday and today) and set my alarm to wake up 3 hours later for an early morning Target run. But that's a story for another blog.

In closing, I'd like to address the fact that there's a reader of this blog who apparently thinks that my language is excessively profane. I say to this reader, and to all other readers forever, that there is nothing wrong with the words I'm using. The spirit of the text is what should matter most. I do not write messages that are hateful or small. I'm writing about a beautiful experience; about a dozen people just living on a farm, making an awesome movie, and creating a bond that will last forever. And I don't think it undermines that if I occasionally say something like "breast" or "cunt."

-Diego

2 comments: