Saturday, September 11, 2010

Music videos of myself.

When I walked in yesterday, Phoebe was going nuts. Anne sat her down next to me and put Yo Gabba Gabba on the iPad. It was an episode about bugs. Phoebe watched it, and when it was over, Phoebe grabbed the iPad and put on another episode. But it was actually the same episode. She then proceeded to watch the episode about bugs again. Breakfast was brocco-cheese soup. We reshot another dock scene again during magic sunset time, from a new angle. Then Chris threw on Melody Time. This is a 1948 movie from back when Disney used to release animated features that were just packages of musical shorts. They should really do this again, considering all the different marriages of music and animation styles possible. Like, it's seriously such a waste to not be doing this. The closest thing we have is the short before each Pixar movie. Melody Time included Bumble Boogie, The Legend of Johnny Appleseed, Little Toot, and Pecos Bill, among others. It was awesome.

The rest of the night was spent shooting the rest of the long dinner sequence we started the day before. There was a lot of down time as we waited for the crew to set up the shots. At one point, scene 119 was set up to be shot from the rolling priscilla wagon, but it ultimately didn't look right, so they decided to scrap the wagon and just set it up stationary. I like that they could spend so long setting something up, but still be like, "It sucks, let's start over." I'd rather wait a long time for a good shot than a short time for a crappy shot. The shortcut ain't always worth it. Take your time, do things right; you'll get the benefit.

I was wearing a Ninja Turtles shirt on this day. I got it for like five dollars the night before flying out. I used to wear Ninja Turtle shirts in elementary school. I seem to recall that some of the other kids would make fun of me when I did. Like, what, we're too old for the Ninja Turtles? We're in fucking elementary school, you little scumbags. Of course, that kinda eloquence would escape me at the time. I would just clam up and be sad for a while. No one here made fun of me. At least, not within earshot.

Another thing we needed to do yesterday was create a small amount of fake blood to dress a prop. The director was dead set on using his own blood, but Anne and I insisted he shouldn't, just because it's a biohazard and stuff. Anne made the blood out of a mystery mix of kitchen ingredients. It took a number of tries, but it came out great. Never give up.

God, this blog entry sucks. It's just boring and shitty. No one cares about any of this. I don't want people to think I'm a bad blogger. Please like me. Please. I should just start this one over, take my time, and make it really good.

Fuck it.

-Diego

No comments:

Post a Comment